Safety on the water is our business
Mick’s Boat Course offers Marine Licence Training in the compulsory Victorian Marine License (Boat) & PWC (Jetski) endorsement to Geelong, Bellarine & the Surfcoast. We also offer other areas on demand.
We are a part of Adams Boat Course which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO No.41236) approved by Transport Safety Victoria and we comply with National Training Standards.
Our ABN is 81 510 653 548.
Mick is an experienced & professional trainer who will guide you through the course in a relaxed environment.
Once you’ve successfully completed the course you will receive your certificate. You then need to take this certificate to VicRoads customer service centre and they will be issue you with your boating licence. No further testing is required.
Cost - $120
Safety Duties, Licensing and Registration, Vessel Preparation, Safety Equipment, Trip Preparation, Safe Operations, Towed Watersports, Personal Watercraft, Operating Rules, Aids to Navigation, Vessel Lights, Day Shapes and Sound Signals.
Read the Course FAQs for more info
Tuesday 5th December
Sunday 17th December
Thursday 28th December
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use the certificate as a licence?
No. You must attend at a VicRoads Office and hand over the training certificate and pay the licence fees to obtain your actual licence.
The Vic Roads License Fees are as follows (for initial issue of a marine licence VicRoads only offer a 5 year licence):
- General Marine Licence $174.50
- Marine with PWC endoresement $200
- Restricted (under 16) $87.00
- Restricted Marine with PWC $99.50
Prices correct as at 21/03/2017. Course fees paid to Mick’s Boat Course do not include the licence fee paid to VicRoads.
How long does the certificate last?
I have a group of friends and we want to have a private course at our home.
What should I bring when I attended this training course?
What happens if I don't pass the test?
How long does the course go for?
What are the Assessment Process and Requirements?
The assessment is conducted under test conditions where each participant is handed a question sheet and answer sheet.
There are 30 multiple choice questions for the boat component and you are required to get minimum 26 correct to be found competent.
There are 15 multiple choice questions for the PWC (jetski) component and you are required to get minimum 13 correct to be found competent.
What is your refund & cancellation policy?
Cancellation by the participant
In cases where the participant cancels their enrolment in a course offered by Mick’s Boat Course as an Approved Training Provider of Maritime Safety Victoria they will be offered a full refund of any monies paid so long as the cancellation is notified at least 48 hours prior to the commencement time for the course.
If the cancellation is notified less than 48 hours prior to the commencement of the course the Chief Executive Officer may offer a refund, offer full or partial credit for another course or may refuse a refund at their discretion.
In cases where there are extreme or extenuating circumstances requiring a participant to cancel less than 48 hours before the commencement of the course the participant is encouraged to explain their situation, and to provide evidence if possible, to the staff of Mick’s Boat Course. This will assist in making a case for special consideration.
Cancellation by Mick’s Boat Course
If a course is cancelled by Mick’s Boat Course all participants will be entitled to a full refund of any monies paid. At the discretion of the participant they may choose to instead use the refund owed to them as credit for another course enrolment.
What are the fees for replacing lost or misplaced certificates?
There is a $30 administration fee for the replacement of lost or misplaced certificates.
Where the certificate has been incorrctly filled in by Mick’s Boat Course staff, a replacement certificate will be provided for free with the return of the defective certificate.
Eligibility for enrolment
Eligibility to Apply for a Marine Licence Pursuant to regulation 30 of the Marine Safety Regulations 2012 (Vic) the following persons are not eligible to apply for a marine licence:
- A person who is disqualified from obtaining a marine licence, during the period of that disqualification
- A person who is the holder of a marine licence that has been suspended, during the period of that suspension
- A person who is disqualified from obtaining a licence or other authority to be the master of or to operate a recreational vessel under
- the law of another State or Territory, or
- the law of another country
- in circumstances which, if they occurred in Victoria, would have resulted in the person being disqualified from obtaining a marine licence in Victoria
- A person who is the holder of a licence or other authority to operate a recreational vessel issued by another State or Territory that has been suspended , during the period of that suspension Applicants should note that they will be required to meet the health requirements for operating a car, motorcycle or boat and this may include further testing where appropriate.
0414 952 444